OK, I realize that it has been 2 months since I've written in my blog : ( Shame on me! But, my oldest daughter and a very dear friend have been encouraging me to get back to it. My only excuse is being too busy to devote any extra time to this blog, but that is not reason enough. I need to keep in mind that I need to make the time to be healthy and this blog is part of all that. I need to make time for preparing ahead of time for our meals. I need to make time to exercise. I need to make time to write in this blog, it is one of my accountability tools and I'm also hoping to help my readers too! So here we go again, I promise to be better at staying with it this time.
Since my last post, Sergio and I had been walking every day! We worked our way up to 3 miles each morning. In the process of walking every morning and eating much better I lost 20 pounds!!! Yipeeeeeeeeee!!! But...then we had one birthday party after another, Sergio and I went to Vegas, then my daughter graduated from FAU, so another party...in the process I gained 8 pounds back : ( I've have been so discouraged for the past month because of it. I have been here so many times in my life, loose a few, gain them back, loose a few, gain them back. It seems like it is a never ending battle for me. But instead of being discouraged I should be turning to God and His word, see Joshua 1:9, "Be strong and courageous...do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." God's word was encouragement for Joshua so many years ago and it is encouragement for us today!
The most important lessons I've learned in the process are:
1. Always, always, always rely on God. He is our Father who loves us and in His word has promised to help us in everything if we just call out to Him.
2. It takes a lot of time and effort to loose weight and it only takes one week of poor meal planning and skipping exercise to gain it all back and sometimes gain even more weight!
3. This one is a no brainer because God designed our bodies for healthy living, but I'll say it anyway...a person feels much better when eating healthy foods, when exercising regularly, and most importantly, when being fed spiritually!
4. It sounds strange but the more I exercise the more energy I have! Yes of course I am tired after a workout but my energy levels are greatly increased by eating the proper foods and exercising!
5. I have learned that it is possible to eat healthy when at a restaurant and it is also possible to healthly at parties. It is a little more challenging but it is possible!
So Guys, good luck this week, stick to it and in the process you'll get rid of the extra weight and you not only be healthier but you feel better too!
No comments:
Post a Comment