Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Let the past be the past, let's move on!

Hi Guys : )
Well it is Wednesday, March 16th.  The first of the year has come and gone and here we are in March already.  It is insane how fast the year is flying by, I don't even recall the month of February!  If I postpone a healthy lifestyle of clean eating and regular exercise for one more day I fear the holidays will be here again and the list of excuses will begin all over.  You know the list I am talking about...the one that starts with, "Well it is silly to try and loose weight now we are going on a cruise in a month."  The excuse list continues with the Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, Valentine's Day, Saint Patrick's Day, Easter, etc...  There is another holiday every month!  We will not even mention all the social events that come with these holidays and all the social events that come along period.  It seems there is always an event, party, picnic, baby shower, something, and it seems that all of our social events revolve around food!  So it is time to make a decision now, today is the day!

I've made this committment so many times before but I have never really fully relied on God for His help in this area of my life.  "Why not?", I wonder.  God has helped me and provided for me in every other area of my life so why not this? 

I have been walking with my husband in the mornings, doing gardening work, and swimming in the pool.  I have also been trying to eat better, but I have not been consistent.  For example, today I had one of my delicious smoothies that I told you guys about.  I actually added a scoop of Whey protein to it and it was quite tasty and very healthy!  For lunch I had chicken breast with vegetables and brown rice, also very good and very healthy.  Then dinner came : (  We stayed a little late at church conversing with friends and I didn't have a plan so my husband and I grabbed a pizza of all things.  Pizza is quick and inexpensive but not very healthy especially so late at night.  So, I am discovering that planning is the key!!!  Knowing what I am going to eat for each meal so that I can balance what I eat during the day but also so that I am not sitting around trying to make a quick decision about what to eat and as a result making a poor decision.  But, I am not looking back on my mistakes.  Tomorrow is a new day, and new beginning!

Psalm 73:26
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Isn't that an awesome fact, knowing that our God is our strength?  When we are faced with situations requiring great strength we must always remember that we have the power of God to overcome every obstacle, not only the obstacle of loosing weight, but every obstacle.  God within us is the victor!!!  Read the story of Esther in the Bible.  It is a short read, only 10 Bible chapters, but what a story of how she, Esther, gathered all her strength and courage from the Lord.  He provided all she needed to overcome her obstacles, and He can and will do the same for us if we rely on Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment