Those of you who know me will be proud to know that I just realized, at 5:00 in the morning, that each time when I go to publish a new post and it asks me for a title it is not asking me for the title of my blog it is asking me to title each post! So, I have gone back and given each previous post a title. That in itself was a challenge for me, trying to figure out how to edit a post and publish it. : ) Now I can go back and correct my spelling errors too!
Stewardship, I know it sounds boring, but read on, it is an important topic! For those of you who are Christians you know what stewardship is, for those who are not Christians, stewardship is simply being responsible with the resources that God has given to you, such as...your money, your time, and your body!
Whether you are overweight or thin, we all still need to take care of our bodies. I know many people who are thin who are not healthy. They may look good on the outside but that does not mean they are eating properly. They may be exercising or maybe they have a great metabolism (so unfair!), or maybe they are just thin (super unfair!). Remember though, we can't equate being thin with being healthy. That being said, let's move on to stewardship. As I stated, no matter what body we are in, we need to care for it properly. Eating healthy and exercising creates and maintains a healthy body and having a healthy body has so much to do with stewardship. Let me explain...when we hear the word stewardship most of us think of money. Well, being a wise steward of God's resources also has to do with our bodies in more ways than one. First, if our bodies are healthy and well cared for, we will not need to spend so much of God's money on the addtional medical expenses that come along with being unhealthy. Let me list just a few of the negatives results of choosing to be unhealthy...diabetes, hypertension, heart issues, back and knee injuries, high colesterol (which leads to other problems), etc...etc... I am not only talking about the unhealthy foods that we put into our bodies, I am also talking about alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, anything that you are doing that is not condusive to being healthy can obviously have a negative result on your health and therefore have a negative effect on your finances! So instead of being able to use the extra money that God has blessed us with to build up His kingdom, we will being using our financial resources to pay for the treatment of illnesses that result from unhelathy living!
Second, if our bodies are not feeling well because we choose to be unhealthy, and it is a choice, then we, in effect, are not being good stewards of God's time. Instead of being able to go out and serve Him, we will end up spending our free time at doctor's offices, hospitals, or perhaps just simply sitting home because we don't have the energy to do anything else. Meanwhile, God has blessed us with 24 hours each day because He has work for us to do, He gives us a purpose for living. As Pastor Charlie said in his message last night, it is not about us, but it is about what God wants to do through us. He wants to use us to be a sign to point others in the direction of Jesus Christ! If we are laid up because of health issues how will we be able to accomplish His goals for our lives?
So let's be good managers of everything that God put in our care, including our bodies!
Psalm 139:14
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are marvelous and my soul knows it very well."
Have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment